Saturday, November 21, 2009

Las 24 horas, Michael Jackson, and boots with the fur

I live across the street from a 24 hour pharmacy and a comedor, which is a type of restaurant where they don´t have a menu, they just make a few different plates and tell you what they have for the day. The 24 hour pharmacy is not open 24 hours. It opens at about 9 in the morning, although it varies from day to day and closes around 10 pm. I think they are allowed to call themselves a 24 hour pharmacy because they don´t close at 6 pm. Sometimes they are open on Sundays, sometimes not, and I am not sure if they stay open for holidays.

The comedor plays music everyday incredibly loud. They have about 7 songs that they play on repeat, every single day. There are two English songs included in the loop, one by Michael Jackson and the song about boots with the fur. They start playing the music at about 7 in the morning and stop around 7 in the evening. The other day Terri went over and asked them to turn down the music, which they did, but I can still hear it from my room in the front of the house, closest to the comedor.

Gloria, Elvia's aunt, lives across the street from us also. Her balcony/courtyard/greenhouse faces into my bedroom window. Often they will scream things at me or Elvia will come to my window and have an entire conversation with someone in her family that lives across the street. Basically, spending an hour reading in my room turns into an adventure of Michael Jackson, boots with the fur, and numerous conversations screamed across the street.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great story! Haha it definitely was an interesting read!!! I miss you boo!! I enjoy reading your entries and this one was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete